How do I become a member of the Woodlands Senior Activity Center?

There is no formal membership at this point in time. If you are an adult who is 55 or older, please call or stop by the Woodlands to participate in current programs.

What senior housing is available in Whitley County?

Autumn Trace of Columbia City: 260-229-2786

Historic Blue Bell Lofts: 260-224-2867

Blue River Senior Apartments: 260-248-2254

Clugston on the Square Senior Apartments: 260-244-7688

Columbia City Retirement Community: 260-424-0424

The Overlook Villas Senior Living: 260-625-3020

Van Buren Flats: 260-272-0601


For a list of additional housing for senior citizens in Whitley County, please contact the Woodlands.

How can I reach the Social Security office?

There is no longer a Social Security Representative located in Whitley County; however, you may call the Social Security Administration at 877-223-6061.

Is there a food assistance program available for seniors?

Seniors living on a limited income and in need of additional food items on an ongoing basis can apply for a Supplemental Food Program by contacting the Woodlands at 260-248-8944.

The Woodlands also has a non-perishable Food Pantry to be used as a supplement once a month for seniors in need of additional groceries.  Food Pantry hours are Monday, Tuesday and  Thursday 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and  1 p.m. to 2 p.m.

Do you serve lunches at the Woodlands?

Yes. Lunch is served Monday through Friday at 11:30 a.m. to seniors ages 55 and older for a $5.00 charge per meal.  A calendar of scheduled meals is available at the Woodlands.  Reservations must be made by calling (260) 248-8944 at least 24 hours in advance.

Do you offer a homemaker service for seniors?

For Homemaker services covered by insurance, clients will need to be evaluated by a Case Manager.  Please call Aging & In-Home Services of Northeast Indiana for further details at 1-800-552-3662.

For private-pay Homemaker services, a list of homemakers is available at the Woodlands.  Please contact us at 260-248-8944 for further details.

How much does it cost to ride the Public Transit vans?

Rides are available to seniors 60 and older for a monetary donation. For fares on other passengers, please refer to the Public Transit page.

How can I donate to the WCCOA?

WCCOA accepts the following donations to help maintain its not-for-profit operations:

Monetary Donations (See Donate page)

Wheelchairs and Knee Scooters

Non-Perishable Items for the Food Pantry

To donate, please contact the Woodlands at (260) 248-8944 or stop by the office at 710 Opportunity Drive in Columbia City.

Are there volunteer opportunities available at the Woodlands?

Yes. The Woodlands welcomes volunteers who would like to assist with current programs, activities and daily operational needs.

Does the Woodlands have a travel program?

Yes. Woodland Tours offers trips to various locations for seniors looking for a relaxing way to spend their vacation. Please call (260) 248-8944 for upcoming trips!

© Copyright  All Rights Reserved | Whitley County Council On Aging | Web Development by Blue River Digital